The BRSCC has announced that it will be launching a brand-new Scholarship for the Fiesta Junior Championship next year: The official BRSCC Fiesta Junior Scholarship.
Recognised in 2023 as one of the official feeder series to the TCR UK Touring Car Championship and once again in 2024, this brand-new Scholarship provides the opportunity to young talent, aged between 14-17 years old to win one of the most valuable and comprehensive junior circuit racing prize packages available in the UK.
The Scholarship will take place on 13-15 February next year at Blyton Park Circuit in Lincolnshire, where there is a prize package on offer of over £65,000 which includes:
- The use of a Mk7 Zetec-S Fiesta Junior race car for the 2024 race season.
- Race entry fees, BRSCC racing membership and championship registration fees.
- Professional race team event support including a comprehensive pre-event testing programme.
- SIM Motorsport pre-event simulator programme.
- Race tyres, race fuel, vehicle consumables.
- Driver mentoring from BTCC star Josh Cook.
- ARDS training and test.
For those looking to enter, you must comply with the following criteria:
- Your date of birth must fall between 01/Jan/2007 And 08/Mar/2010
- You should be familiar with the basics of driving a car with a manual gearbox (this means being able to change gear, steer and brake). Should you not already possess this basic knowledge, there are numerous organisations that provide this service to young drivers.
- You must not have previously competed in any Motorsport UK organised circuit racing events in a race car.
- You must be available (along with a parent or guardian) to attend Blyton Park on the qualifying and final programme dates.
During each of the two Qualifying Days, each participant will be assessed on their driving, as well as their progress through the program, their ability to listen to instruction and how they communicate with the instructors and examiners.
The third and Final day will see those picked for the Scholarship Top 6 Shoot Out in action before the 2024 Scholarship winner is chosen.
With the 2024 BRSCC Fiesta Junior Championship calendar already confirmed, where the series will race on the same weekends as the TCR UK Touring Car Championship, this provides a great chance to take the next step up in your motorsport career.
TCR UK Touring Car Championship and Milltek Sport Civic Cup Promoter Stewart Lines welcomes the introduction of The official BRSCC Fiesta Junior Scholarship for 2024.
“I’m proud to see the resurgence in the BRSCC Fiesta Juniors Championship now that it’s aligned as an official feeder series to the TCR UK Touring Car Championship. With the 2024 scholarship announcement, this means that we’ll see the new TCR UK and Civic Cup drivers of the future making their way up the motorsport ladder.
“The BRSCC Fiesta Juniors Championship provides a great entry-level into car racing and we’ve seen the championship grow in numbers from the start of the 2023 season. Initiatives like this help the next generation of drivers who are working on their motorsport careers.”
For further information regarding this fantastic opportunity, please check out the following link: https://brscc.co.uk/events/brscc-fiesta-junior-scholarship-2024/
To find out more about the TCR UK Touring Car Championship visit https://www.tcr-uk.co.uk/ for more info and how to get involved.